- (814) 472-2110
- Cambria County Conservation and Recreation Authority
- Trailhead GPS Coordinates
- This is an urban trail in Johnstown.
- The trail offers beautiful views of the Stonycreek River.
- Birds abound here, especially in the spring.
Jim Mayer Riverswalk Trail
Named for a local conservationist, the Jim Mayer Riverswalk Trail is a delightful, 1.5-mile urban trail on the east end of the City of Johnstown that follows the Stonycreek River upstream to the suburban community of Riverside. This trail offers beautiful views of the river, abundant bird-life and wildflowers, picturesque Buttermilk Falls and serenity within an urban setting.
The Jim Mayer Riverswalk Trail is part of a growing urban trail system in Johnstown that currently follows the Stonycreek River from Central Avenue behind an industrial complex to the residential community of Riverside. One of its best features is the 50-foot Buttermilk Falls, located about mid-trail. The Riverswalk is nearly level, and its surface is groomed and easily ridden or walked. Trailheads are located on Cleveland Street and at Riverside.
View Jim Mayer Riverswalk Trail in a larger map
- Occasional erosion problems occur where the water of Buttermilk Falls crosses the trail.
- Access is limited on the Central Avenue end of the trail.