- Email email@example.com
- Roaring Run Watershed Association
- Trailhead GPS Coordinates
- Interactive Maps
- This trail enables bicycles to more easily access Apollo’s attractions and amenities.
- The trail has both on- and off-street sections.
- It shares a trailhead with the Roaring Run Trail.
Apollo's Kiski Riverfront Trail
This is one of the baby trails within the Trans Allegheny Trails, but one that has a lot of growth potential! Currently, the Apollo's Kiski Riverfront Trail starts where the Roaring Run Trail ends – at a trailhead at the end of Canal Road – and extends for 1.5 miles through Apollo Borough to North Apollo. Now users of the Roaring Run Trail can ride into downtown Apollo, where they can patronize restaurants and historical sites. Eventually, trail developers hope to extend the trail to the west along the north bank of the Kiskiminetas River.
The Apollo's Kiski Riverfront Trail begins at the western trailhead for the Roaring Run Trail, which is at the end of Canal Road. The KRT runs for about 3/10s of a mile along Canal Road then turns into a dedicated bike- and walk-way that parallels the Kiski River past the downtown. Downtown sites and amenities can easily be accessed from First Street. Just beyond North Third Street, the trail turns onto a limited-traffic access road that continues to parallel the Kiski River until the trail terminates in a parking lot at River Road and McCain Street.
- This trail includes some on-street sections, so users must be wary of motor vehicle traffic.